Your lips play a very important role in your overall look and personality. Red and soft lips can make you look cool. But even if you have dry and darker lips, you can make them softer and brighter. With a few lifestyle changes and some home remedies, you can easily give your dark and dry lips a smooth and rosy glow. Check out the tips given below:
Lifestyle changes for beautiful lips
Change routine habits that are making your lips dry, dull and dark.
- Lips will stay soft if you drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Wash lips after meals to keep them clean. Also, hot liquids like tea, coffee and cocoa are not so good for the temperature-sensitive lips and can make them turn dark.
- Avoid smoking as it darkens lips.
- Refrain from licking or biting lips as the saliva can dry them out and make them chapped.
- Avoid sun exposure and wear an SPF enhanced lip balm to prevent tanning of lips.
Moisturizing your lips
Moisturizing treatments will prevent lips from drying out or cracking.
- To prevent moisture loss from lips, apply a good quality chapstick or lip balm daily, especially while going outdoors in sunny, windy or chilly conditions.
- Apply concentrated moisturizers like vegetable oil, butter or ghee on your lips every night before sleeping.
- Exfoliate lips with a toothbrush every morning. Use small circular movements to cast away dead skin.
- Scrubs made from olive oil, salt and sugar remove dead skin and provide moisturize to the lips.
Natural remedies for your Lips
Use homemade treatments and masks to redden your lips.
- Pomegranate juice is an astringent and can its own transfer color onto your lips
- Apply beetroot juice or make a pack with it. This natural dye imparts red color to lips.
- Tomato paste cleanses lips and transfers its deep red tint onto them.
- Packs made with rose petals can also transfer red colored pigment on lips. Rose petals are generally combined with milk, yogurt, cream or glycerin in a lip pack for best results.